Saturday, October 16, 2010

Ideas for interactive whiteboard uses.

Sometimes technology can offer you a lot, but how do you learn to use technology beyond the obvious ways you think of using it?  An example I love is using a microwave oven to boil water.  I would never have thought of that application of a microwave but in the absence of a heating element it is a brilliant application of a microwave oven.  How do you discover applications of interactive white boards to metaphorically boil water?  When I posed this question to my cooperating middle school teacher she immediately lead me to iTunes and various podcasts including a category called activtips and general searches on “Smart board” and “interactive whiteboards”.  This is a great way to start to get a sense of all the creative things teachers are doing on interactive whiteboards.  I think podcasts are going to be my starting point for creativity in my active whiteboard use.

1 comment: